Eduroam service Definition and Policy Documentation
The documents below describe eduroam service, the European eduroam Confederation and National eduroam Federation operation. The service is developed and operated within Trans-European Academic network GEANT for all interested research and educational organizations. The reference documents produced in the framework of the European GÉANT project.
- eduroam Service Definition [pdf] July 2012 This document describes the eduroam service. It contains a general overview of the service (including its aims, its elements and security), a description of the services elements, users, operation, and organisation as well as a description of the operational requirements for Confederation members. This document should be read in conjunction with the policy document signed by all eduroam Confederation members.
- MD Eduroam Policy [pdf] This document describes policies for the federation members.
- National eduroam Federation Agreement for signing (Declaraţia de politici a Federaţiei Naţionale Eduroam în Moldova) [pdf, RO] This document has to be signed by the institutions interested to deploy and use eduroam service and participate in the National eduroam Federation of Moldova.
- European Confederation eduroam Policy Declaration signed by National Roaming Operator NREN RENAM (Moldova) [pdf, EN] – 18 March 2013. The document provides the legal framework for the operation of the European eduroam service in Moldova. The use of eduroam is restricted to the community served by NREN according to the policy described in the document ”Regulamentul privind politica utilizării reţelei RENAM”(Accessible Use Policy for RENAM Data Communication Infrastructure) [pdf, RO].
- European Confederation eduroam Policy Declaration [pdf, EN], [pdf, RO] –July 2012. The model of the Declaration of participation in the European eduroam Confederation that provides the legal framework for the organisation of the European eduroam service operation at national level.